This blog was born out of the idea to use online technology to create a community for tourism in New Zealand that provides ongoing and accessible information for all parts of the industry, particularly for the small business operator that does not often get the opportunity to network and learn at conferences, workshops or industry events.
We are an independant website with the aim of representing all parts of the industry as our content grows.
It’s All About You
Your contributions, ideas, comments and questions are invited and integral to ensure this community is useful for all who read and participate on it.
The Tourism Industry Blog is unique because it does not aim to be a publisher that keeps track of and announces industry news, but rather an interactive resource to help businesses and organisations succeed in tourism. The intention is for a broad base of people in the industry to share their tips, ideas, experience and advice with content developed by the tourism community – written by us for us.
So, make the most of it by participating with your comments and if you’d like to become a regular “Contributor” of articles please email us.
How to Use This Website
- The “Topics”section an easy way to view each topic of interest, plus you can go to the archives page to see the latest 30 post titles and archives for each category and month.
- When viewing any category page you will see some of the latest articles and there will be links to view older entries.
- You can also use the search box to help find any particular topic you are looking for.
- Be part of any discussion related to each article on the site by adding your own comment. You simply have to fill in the comment box at the bottom of the article.
- Actively publish your own articles by becoming a contributor.
- Subscribe to receive new article notifications via email or a monthly summary of new articles published.
- If you want to show your photo with your comments or articles then set up an image on Gravatar.com linked with the email address you use to leave comments.
- Follow us on Twitter, or LinkedIn to get our article updates and share the information.